The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh offer humanities

I’m an English year 13 student who has applied to do Philosophy and Politics joint honours degree at Edinburgh Uni. I applied a while ago as I was an early entry student and have heard back from every uni except Edinburgh. Has anyone else heard back from them? I’m not sure if they’re just taking longer as a uni/ department or if maybe they’re going through the Scottish students first. Should I be worried?
Reply 1
hey im also applying to edinburgh (engineering) and in the same boat though i applied early december, all other 4 offers. i think generally cause it's a scottish uni they give offers later (up to may from what i've heard) although i think they might be starting to go through English offers soon (hopefully after the ucas deadline)
i wouldn't worry since many people i know have also been waiting since early applicant deadline, it's so hard waiting but we'll for sure hear back soon enough :smile:
for now i'd keep looking in the edinburgh applicant/offer holder as you can see they types of courses ppl are hearing from (i've noticed a lot of cs offers, plus seems like once one subject is offered there's a flow in of a whole bunch of just that one subject) + theres also a spreadsheet of when/what decisions people have gotten (there's mostly scottish student offers there im pretty sure)
good luck on your last decision, hope all goes well <3
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by MP_25
hey im also applying to edinburgh (engineering) and in the same boat though i applied early december, all other 4 offers. i think generally cause it's a scottish uni they give offers later (up to may from what i've heard) although i think they might be starting to go through English offers soon (hopefully after the ucas deadline)
i wouldn't worry since many people i know have also been waiting since early applicant deadline, it's so hard waiting but we'll for sure hear back soon enough :smile:
for now i'd keep looking in the edinburgh applicant/offer holder as you can see they types of courses ppl are hearing from (i've noticed a lot of cs offers, plus seems like once one subject is offered there's a flow in of a whole bunch of just that one subject) + theres also a spreadsheet of when/what decisions people have gotten (there's mostly scottish student offers there im pretty sure)
good luck on your last decision, hope all goes well <3

That’s really helpful tysm! Good luck to you too <3
Reply 3
Also waiting to hear for politics and German and sent in my application early in Oct!
i sent my offer off the tail end of September and i got a response on the 22nd of November for law so i guess it just depends on the course but idk best of luck everyone though, i hope to see you all in Edinburgh. :smile:
also I'm an English student I'm not from Scotland so i don't think its just the scots that have been getting offers but i may be wrong.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending