The Student Room Group

University selection

I applied for human resource management in both university of Edinburgh and University of Cardiff and got accepted in both but I like Cardiff's module more as well as it's in my budget as well...but University of Edinburgh is way above in Ranking than UoC. I'm confused which one to go to. Also I'm not aware about the employment condition in both the places.
Kindly help me out.
Hi,
Choosing a university is definitely not an easy choice, however, your experience should always be considered when picking.
It's great to strive for a high ranking university but if you feel that Cardiff does have the better learning modules and it's more suited to your lifestyle, the chances are you will mostly likely be happier there.
If you're unsure always contact the admissions team for more information or head down to an open day but university rankings change frequently, your enjoyment there does not.
Hope this helps,
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student
Original post by zohra_kritika
I applied for human resource management in both university of Edinburgh and University of Cardiff and got accepted in both but I like Cardiff's module more as well as it's in my budget as well...but University of Edinburgh is way above in Ranking than UoC. I'm confused which one to go to. Also I'm not aware about the employment condition in both the places.
Kindly help me out.

Hey I also applied the same nd got offers from both universities. I think I'm going to choose edinburgh bcuz it has higher ranking nd I feel like edinburgh city is better compared to wales
Reply 3
Hi, if you feel that you would be happier and more successful in Edinburgh, then go for it. Just think, if you are happier somewhere you are more likely to engage and go above and beyond in your studies to do well. A 1st from Cardiff Uni would probably look better than a 2-1 from Edinburgh, so choose wherever you can imagine yourself living for the next however many years. Worst comes to worst, you can swap courses or even universities if it really gets that bad. That's what a couple of people I know did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending