The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

applying for accomodation at bristol

Is there a way to applied for certain halls with the intention of getting a self catered room, and others with the intention of a catered room? I’d like to apply for Will’s, but i’d only want catered as it’s less expensive than the self catered option. But for most other accommodation, i’d rather self catered. If i put my preference as self-catered, will they automatically put me in the self-catered room at wills? Or if i put catered as a preference, will they be more likely to put me in a different catered hall rather than one of my self catered choices? I’m very confused how it works!
Reply 1
So with Bristol you put down 9 preferences and your budget. Those preferences are very specific so eg you could put wills self catered lower or higher than wills catered on your pretence depending which you prefer.
However be warned Bristol are notorious for not giving people their top choice or even one of their 9… I got my top choice because I had medical reasons for it but very few people I know did!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by ALEreapp
So with Bristol you put down 9 preferences and your budget. Those preferences are very specific so eg you could put wills self catered lower or higher than wills catered on your pretence depending which you prefer.
However be warned Bristol are notorious for not giving people their top choice or even one of their 9… I got my top choice because I had medical reasons for it but very few people I know did!

thank you so so much this is really helpful !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending