The Student Room Group

A level psychology help

I'm in year 13, studying Edexcel psychology at A level. Since most people do AQA, finding online resources has been a bit challenging. My teacher isn't the most helpful either, and reaching out to tutors has been tough because they mainly do AQA (and if they do cover Edexcel, it's extremely expensive). I know that it's possible to well in psychology given that it's kind of a memory game, but it also means that you can get an extended response essay on any topic and so it takes so long writing essays or everything, especially as my teacher's feedback isn't the best when I ask her to mark work. I want to achieve an A or A*, but I'm so far from it right now and so feel quite overwhelmed and unsure about what to do (especially as I have to commute 1.5-hours to college everyday)

Does anyone have any advice?
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hi,
I do AQA a level psychology so I may not be able to help in terms of content as I don’t really know the difference between the specs and requirements in both. If you could find out and let me know I may be able to do something for you. However with revision itself, since you want to reach A or A* the most effective thing you can do is plan out 16 markers or however many big mark questions you get for EVERY SINGLE TOPIC. I know it sounds very time consuming and to be fair it is but it will be so worth it. It may be left late because we have 4 months left but use your weekly frees and get it done all in one go. Then use these notes to blurt so learn all the content and evaluation off by heart. This will probably leave you with a lot of information that you can utilise in your small mark questions and big mark ones too and it would be stuck in your long term memory rather than short. If you do really need help with anything else let me know, and could you tell me what topics you learn and sort of the basic structure?

Quick Reply

Latest