The Student Room Group

Help me!

Can I take psychology in university even though I didn't take psychology or biology in Alevels?
Original post by sadia17
Can I take psychology in university even though I didn't take psychology or biology in Alevels?

You mean studying psychology as an undergraduate degree? You email the universities and see what they say
Reply 2
Original post by Shelly Wang
You mean studying psychology as an undergraduate degree? You email the universities and see what they say

I took chemistry, mathematics and accounting in Alevels. Will it be a trouble for me, if I take psychology as an undergraduate degree?
Original post by sadia17
I took chemistry, mathematics and accounting in Alevels. Will it be a trouble for me, if I take psychology as an undergraduate degree?

I'm not sure, you would have to email them to know.

Which universities do you want to go to?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4

Thank you!
Original post by sadia17
Thank you!

No problem
Reply 6

I'm not sure yet. Maybe the best psychology universities in the world. I am really into psychology and I just realized it after half of my Alevels. I'm feeling like I am disappointing my parents. As I'm totally new to psychology, maybe you can help me to know how it would be useful to know more about psychology as a beginner.
Original post by sadia17
I'm not sure yet. Maybe the best psychology universities in the world. I am really into psychology and I just realized it after half of my Alevels. I'm feeling like I am disappointing my parents. As I'm totally new to psychology, maybe you can help me to know how it would be useful to know more about psychology as a beginner.

I didn't take psychology A levels nor am I starting a psychology degree at university, so I can't really help you. However, I was in a very similar situation as you. I did Chemistry, Maths and Biology at A level because I wanted to study medicine. I changed my mind during my application but it was too late. After I finished my A levels, I decided that didn't really want to go into science (I only had one offer from the university of Bristol to study biomedical sciences) so I thought about doing English at university. I also was into English and I was totally new to English. I planned to go through clearing because I thought that I wasn't going to fulfill the grade requirements. So I found universities that offered English with no specific A levels and told them my situation. This was really helpful as I knew what I can do if I went into clearing. Luckily, I got the grades I needed to study biomedical sciences at the university of Bristol.

I don't actually like science that much so I'm not really looking forward to my degree but I need to go to university first to experience it and then decide whether I like or not. Considering the fact that you are not sure yourself, it's best not to make any decisions. Don't settle for psychology, browse different courses, go on Youtube or use The Student Room and see what different people say about their courses. Those are things I should've done before and it can really help you.
Original post by sadia17

Settling down for a degree you don't know much about isn't really a good idea
Reply 9
I didn't take psychology A levels nor am I starting a psychology degree at university, so I can't really help you. However, I was in a very similar situation as you. I did Chemistry, Maths and Biology at A level because I wanted to study medicine. I changed my mind during my application but it was too late. After I finished my A levels, I decided that didn't really want to go into science (I only had one offer from the university of Bristol to study biomedical sciences) so I thought about doing English at university. I also was into English and I was totally new to English. I planned to go through clearing because I thought that I wasn't going to fulfill the grade requirements. So I found universities that offered English with no specific A levels and told them my situation. This was really helpful as I knew what I can do if I went into clearing. Luckily, I got the grades I needed to study biomedical sciences at the university of Bristol.

I don't actually like science that much so I'm not really looking forward to my degree but I need to go to university first to experience it and then decide whether I like or not. Considering the fact that you are not sure yourself, it's best not to make any decisions. Don't settle for psychology, browse different courses, go on Youtube or use The Student Room and see what different people say about their courses. Those are things I should've done before and it can really help you.

Ok thank you so much for helping me. Best of luck
Original post by sadia17
Ok thank you so much for helping me. Best of luck

No problem. Good luck to you as well.
Reply 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending