The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Just got a weird offer

I just got a conditional from Warwick, but this was the letter I got:

Congratulations; The University of Warwick has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for French and Italian Studies (4 years including year abroad), RR13; starting in September 2009 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Obtain grades ABB at A-Level in 3 subjects including French

and obtain grade C at AS-Level in 1 additional subject. This

offer excludes General Studies; Critical Thinking is

acceptable to AS only.This offer must be obtained from the

examinations in 2008 and 2009 only.

What does this mean?! I'm only taking three A-Levels, with no additional subjects. I know they might mean from last year, but the wording makes it sound like it's in an exam that's still to come. Anyone help?
Reply 1
Nope, just an AS level at grade C or above, whether youve taken it last summer or youre about to take it summer 2009.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
They want you to obtain ABB in June in your A2 examinations. They also require that you have one further AS level (grade C) which you either got last year or are taking this year. It's fairly clear.
Reply 3
ThePublicEnemy
This offer must be obtained from the

examinations in 2008 and 2009 only.

What does this mean?! I'm only taking three A-Levels, with no additional subjects. I know they might mean from last year, but the wording makes it sound like it's in an exam that's still to come. Anyone help?

Assuming you sat your AS level exams in 2008 and take your A2s in 2009 - You're fine if you already have a C or above in one additional subject at AS.
Reply 4
Lol it's pretty simple
Tomm_UK
Assuming you sat your AS level exams in 2008 and take your A2s in 2009 - You're fine if you already have a C or above in one additional subject at AS.

No. Read the wording:

and obtain grade C at AS-Level in 1 additional subject.

It has to be a fourth subject to count.
Reply 6
Oh great; thanks, guys! Just a bit worried that I had accidentally put Crit Thinking on my UCAS, when I gave it up ages ago.
As stated, it just means you must have an extra AS grade C or higher. This can be from the 2008 examinations (ie. the subject you dropped before going to A2) or one you have taken up since then.

I had the same condition on my offer from Warwick - to get a B I think it said, but I had an A in the AS I dropped anyway. So long as you've got it in the bag already, don't worry about it. :smile:
Reply 8
yes additional to the ABB at A2.. but if the Op took 4 AS's and got above a C in the one they dropped then it's all good
nearlyheadlessian
No. Read the wording:

Um, yes, which is exactly what the previous poster said....:confused:
Reply 10
how is this weird lol :s
nearlyheadlessian
No. Read the wording:

I think that just means a C as AS in a subject also taken to A2 can't be counted.
Did you take 4 AS levels? If you got a C or above in the one you dropped then you're fine
IlexAquifolium
Um, yes, which is exactly what the previous poster said....:confused:

Do beg your pardon, misread it horribly.
they want ABB(including french)+c

ta da
nearlyheadlessian
Do beg your pardon, misread it horribly.

Heh, I thought I was going mad there! :smile:
Ooo welcome to my course!
Reply 17
Ditto :wink:

Latest