The Student Room Group

To get an A* in Maths A-Level

Anyone doing Edexcel, do you think it's necessary to complete every textbook question to get an A*? Or could I just watch videos and skip to the mixed exercise and then complete real past papers? I'm a year 13 by the way :smile:
Original post by Uup
Anyone doing Edexcel, do you think it's necessary to complete every textbook question to get an A*? Or could I just watch videos and skip to the mixed exercise and then complete real past papers? I'm a year 13 by the way :smile:

Try a complete most questions especially ones with like marks on the side . Like the E/P ONES then move on but if there’s even one question you got wrong or feel 0.1% unsure about then that means it’s worth doing other questions as it won’t hurt to ge t more practice but don’t waste ur time doing easy questions all the time
Original post by Uup

I see somebody has already replied but I thought I might add something. Yes, doing all the questions in the exercise book will get you very prepared, but practice papers are better. I would recommend doing practice papers and if you are doing kinda good, do the MADAS papers found on physics and maths tutor. Don’t too many just a few to stretch you and make the actual exam much easier than what you have experienced. I agree with the previous comment but I would also say do the mixed exercises. Any question style you struggled with repeat it like 3-4 times by finding similar questions in the corresponding exercise before.

Quick Reply

Latest