The Student Room Group

Has anyone applied for the National Grid apprenticeships this year?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any replies from national grid regarding the assessment centres?

I did an online assessment then a hirevue interview which said I had passed and haven't heard anything since the 22nd December (apparently the next stage was a proper hiring manager looking at it then I would be invited to an assessment centre)

It's for the substation apprenticeship, i did see someone saying they had been invited to an assessment centre but it was for a different role.

Anyone have any more input?
Reply 1
Original post by lukeluke05
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any replies from national grid regarding the assessment centres?

I did an online assessment then a hirevue interview which said I had passed and haven't heard anything since the 22nd December (apparently the next stage was a proper hiring manager looking at it then I would be invited to an assessment centre)

It's for the substation apprenticeship, i did see someone saying they had been invited to an assessment centre but it was for a different role.

Anyone have any more input?

I Passed the assessment on the 4th of jan. so far all my applications say "passed assessment" except one which says "hiring manager review"

I also received a survey indicating whether i still wanted to be considered for that role due to changes in its description, however in the survey it mentioned that shortlisting happens between feb-march and centers will happen in April.
Reply 2
Original post by alhammy
I Passed the assessment on the 4th of jan. so far all my applications say "passed assessment" except one which says "hiring manager review"

I also received a survey indicating whether i still wanted to be considered for that role due to changes in its description, however in the survey it mentioned that shortlisting happens between feb-march and centers will happen in April.

I applied for the Electrical Technician HVDC interconnector advanced apprenticeship on the 6th of February and have been invited to the assessment centre this Friday the 23rd February in Warick, hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by Uhgfyuhff
I applied for the Electrical Technician HVDC interconnector advanced apprenticeship on the 6th of February and have been invited to the assessment centre this Friday the 23rd February in Warick, hope this helps.

I got an email about one on the 14th and then another saying they are pushing it back because there was no assessor available or something.
Reply 4
I got an email about one on the 14th and then another saying they are pushing it back because there was no assessor available or something.
What location(s) did you apply for ? Im itching to receive an invitation to London Advanced craftperson. I applied to the HVDC interconnector but turned it down on the basis that it was not my first choice. Any ideas when the Caftperson Roles will be invited ? Also any idea if i should prctice for any of thse reaoning exams (Mechanical, Numerical etc...) ?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by alhammy
What location(s) did you apply for ? Im itching to receive an invitation to London Advanced craftperson. I applied to the HVDC interconnector but turned it down on the basis that it was not my first choice. Any ideas when the Caftperson Roles will be invited ? Also any idea if i should prctice for any of thse reaoning exams (Mechanical, Numerical etc...) ?

Hi,

I applied for the Leicester Craftsperson apprenticeship and I haven't received a response to say if I have been invited to the assessment day. Have you heard anything back since for the London one?
Reply 6
Original post by MoAqeel
Hi,
I applied for the Leicester Craftsperson apprenticeship and I haven't received a response to say if I have been invited to the assessment day. Have you heard anything back since for the London one?

nothing. im just going to assume its happening some time in april
Reply 7
Original post by alhammy
nothing. im just going to assume its happening some time in april

I emailed and asked if the assessment centres are still being booked in. They sent me the following but if I’m honest I think it’s game over as people are getting offers etc:

“We are still in the process of shortlisting and booking in more assessment centres. We are aiming to get in contact with you to confirm either way by the end of next week”
Reply 8
I emailed and asked if the assessment centres are still being booked in. They sent me the following but if I’m honest I think it’s game over as people are getting offers etc:
“We are still in the process of shortlisting and booking in more assessment centres. We are aiming to get in contact with you to confirm either way by the end of next week”

Anything since the last email you received?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending