The Student Room Group

I feel like such a failure.

I'm 26 now and I still feel like a scared, shy teenager. I still live with family, I have no friends, I barely go out, I did terrible in school and barely have any qualifications. I do have a part time supermarket job but that is it.

I see other people my own age and they have their own places, a career, a degree. I have made barely any progress. I'm still in exactly the same position I was when I was 16.

I know it's my own fault, I need to push myself more, put myself out there, find a better job, try and get an apprenticeship, try and get into uni, try and make friends. I am just so scared. I have anxiety and its ruining my life. I just can't do those things. I am so scared of rejection, choosing the wrong thing, failure, etc

I just don't know what to do, how can I stop feeling like this. I am so depressed and the longer i put things off just makes me even more depressed. I hate myself.
Have you come across the National Careers Service? You could start by looking through their website, just to explore your options. Something might appeal to you. I don't know if they provide any sort of mentoring support for anxiety, but counselling could help you develop skills to cope with that part of your life if they don't.
Original post by tacticalwater
I'm 26 now and I still feel like a scared, shy teenager. I still live with family, I have no friends, I barely go out, I did terrible in school and barely have any qualifications. I do have a part time supermarket job but that is it.

I see other people my own age and they have their own places, a career, a degree. I have made barely any progress. I'm still in exactly the same position I was when I was 16.

I know it's my own fault, I need to push myself more, put myself out there, find a better job, try and get an apprenticeship, try and get into uni, try and make friends. I am just so scared. I have anxiety and its ruining my life. I just can't do those things. I am so scared of rejection, choosing the wrong thing, failure, etc

I just don't know what to do, how can I stop feeling like this. I am so depressed and the longer i put things off just makes me even more depressed. I hate myself.

Use the Pain as motivation at first to get started, then the rest you’ll be doing out of love for yourself. Also it’s easier said than done but stop watching others. In this life everybody is running their own races, some may start later and some earlier but it doesn’t matter when you start.
Pray too, Jesus Loves you homie❤️

Quick Reply

Latest