The Student Room Group

arterial lines- veterinary

What's the difference between single and double artieral line transducers?
Original post by Alicehale6
What's the difference between single and double artieral line transducers?

Single typically consists of a single lumen and are more simpler. Whereas double, have a dual lumen, one connects to the arterial catheter and the other connects to a reference sensor. Out of the two, double is more accurate. Hope this helps 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by oliviaparisx
Single typically consists of a single lumen and are more simpler. Whereas double, have a dual lumen, one connects to the arterial catheter and the other connects to a reference sensor. Out of the two, double is more accurate. Hope this helps 🙂

Yea that makes sense thank you.

Don't suppose you know the answer to this too:
I just need a little help understanding this, which will help me at work, so what's the difference between a curved and straight capnograph connector? I would like to know the difference and know when say a curved one is used, as it would help me to set up theatres for surgical patients.
Original post by Alicehale6
Yea that makes sense thank you.

Don't suppose you know the answer to this too:
I just need a little help understanding this, which will help me at work, so what's the difference between a curved and straight capnograph connector? I would like to know the difference and know when say a curved one is used, as it would help me to set up theatres for surgical patients.

Curved connectors can bend whereas straight is straight, it can’t bend. Curved allows easier connection 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending