The Student Room Group

Got stuck in nihilism and existential crisis.

In my final year of uni, I feel like I'm on the edge of depression. I've always been a pessimist and recently completely got stuck in nihilism and existential crisis. I began to question the meaning of everything, which always ended up coming to conclusion that everything is pointless, even including the existence of universe. I often feel very tired and lost motivations to study. I don't want to go out anymore, hating being surrounded by other people. My social energy is so low that sometimes I almost don't talk to anyone whole day. During spare time my usual activity is just sitting on the chair in my room, taking a nap, while there is literally nothing in my mind except emptiness. I'm becoming more and more like an emotionless, numb walking corpse. Strangely, I don't particularly feel sad about my currently miserable situation, but there is only endless nothingness.
Original post by Anonymous #1
In my final year of uni, I feel like I'm on the edge of depression. I've always been a pessimist and recently completely got stuck in nihilism and existential crisis. I began to question the meaning of everything, which always ended up coming to conclusion that everything is pointless, even including the existence of universe. I often feel very tired and lost motivations to study. I don't want to go out anymore, hating being surrounded by other people. My social energy is so low that sometimes I almost don't talk to anyone whole day. During spare time my usual activity is just sitting on the chair in my room, taking a nap, while there is literally nothing in my mind except emptiness. I'm becoming more and more like an emotionless, numb walking corpse. Strangely, I don't particularly feel sad about my currently miserable situation, but there is only endless nothingness.

Hi there!

Sorry to hear your situation, but I will tell you something very positive. You just got to the point of all things. Everything (Big Bang) was created out of nothing, therefore feeling nothingness is a good base and excellent starting point to start building from.

There are so many Buddhist and meditators, who are trying to achieve your state! Because in nothingness there is only darkness and PEACE. And from nothingness and peace a thought arises. Thoughts create actions, and actions create behaviors and it ultimately leads to a destiny.

Nihilism might be partly true, but its not 100 % true. There are also other truths, positivity is also a BIG PLAYER here. Things are not only negative, but also positive, because we live in duality. And what we focus on, it grows. So if we focus only on negative, it will start growing and overtaking over our life. But the question is: Do we really want such a destiny for ourselves?? Or do we want to build new, achieve our goals and dreams and enjoy beauty everywhere?? We can have anything we want, if we only guide our focus and energy towards it and make it alive.

So in your case that means if feeding your nihilistic point of view brings any happiness to your life or if there is anything better, like alternative path for you that is waiting for you to be discovered :smile:

Good luck with uncovering how life really works :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest