The Student Room Group

How to not be sad about what I’m missing out on?

I’m 20f and at uni and I don’t have any sort of social life. I have never had a friend or a relationship and by now I know that things like that just aren’t destined to be for me. But being at uni I’m constantly surrounded by reminders of what I’m missing out on. I’ve already lost my whole teenager years and now my early twenties are going too. How can I not be sad when it feels like all that I’m missing out on is constantly being rubbed in my face?

I don’t want advice on making friends or anything, I’ve tried that and I’m part of the way towards accepting that being close to other people just isn’t for me. I just want advice on how to better accept my situation. I’m close to my family so it’s not like I go weeks without speaking to people but I still feel sad knowing that I will never have what everyone else does
Reply 1
Hey,

You are a very young person and you haven't missed out on anything and you have many many years left to experience everything.

Believe me, I've felt the same at your age and went to two universities and only later I experienced everything.

You could join clubs, societies, group starting small, introducing yourself etc if you want.

Focus on your stories, future, partake in your hobbies. Do what makes you happy. Be kind to yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest