The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds offer grades

Hello !!

I got my decision back a few hours ago, I just checked it now. The entry grades are the same, ABB, but they're asking for for the BB to come from French and Spanish (I'm applying for French and Mandarin) and for the A grade (distinction) to come from my music Btec.

I might not get a distinction in music (hopefully will but it's my weakest subject out of the 3), might get a merit instead, however I'm predicted AA for my other subjects.

Does it really matter which subjects the grades come from? I'm just confused why they wouldn't ask for the A to come from french?

Unless it's because it's a Btec and a merit is equivalent to a C?

Will it matter if I get a merit in music but at least two As in french and spanish? AA merit is the same ucas points as ABB ?? unless it has to be grades and not points, I think that's how it was said for russell group unis??

SORRY this turned into a big ramble. any help appreciated i don't know what i'm doing right now
Technically, if you don't get a distinction in your Music BTEC, that's not meeting your offer conditions and grounds for not accepting you. However, it's very possible they might be lenient with the requirements, particularly if you performance better elsewhere. But up until results day, you won't know. Best to aim for a distinction in your Music BTEC just to be on the safe side :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by charmaine.d
Hello !!

I got my decision back a few hours ago, I just checked it now. The entry grades are the same, ABB, but they're asking for for the BB to come from French and Spanish (I'm applying for French and Mandarin) and for the A grade (distinction) to come from my music Btec.

I might not get a distinction in music (hopefully will but it's my weakest subject out of the 3), might get a merit instead, however I'm predicted AA for my other subjects.

Does it really matter which subjects the grades come from? I'm just confused why they wouldn't ask for the A to come from french?

Unless it's because it's a Btec and a merit is equivalent to a C?

Will it matter if I get a merit in music but at least two As in french and spanish? AA merit is the same ucas points as ABB ?? unless it has to be grades and not points, I think that's how it was said for russell group unis??

SORRY this turned into a big ramble. any help appreciated i don't know what i'm doing right now

Given that you're applying for languages it might be an idea to ask them to confirm the offer details.
hello so small update (big update for me because this takes a MASSIVE weight off my shoulders) but they updated their offer, and reduced a grade !!! so that's ABC I need instead of the initial ABB. I'm going to email admissions tomorrow to see if it matters what subject I get each grade for (of course I need a B in french but I'm working above that currently)
Original post by charmaine.d
hello so small update (big update for me because this takes a MASSIVE weight off my shoulders) but they updated their offer, and reduced a grade !!! so that's ABC I need instead of the initial ABB. I'm going to email admissions tomorrow to see if it matters what subject I get each grade for (of course I need a B in french but I'm working above that currently)
that's great!!

Quick Reply

Latest