The Student Room Group

University of Leeds Vs University of Sheffield for Aerospace Engineering

Hi,
I have 3 offers from these 2 uni's, 1 for an MEng (conditional on getting AAB) at Leeds and 2 for an MEng (AAA) and foundation year (BBC) at Sheffield. Im stuggling to choose between the 2 uni's. The course is Aerospace Engineering as I said in the title. I do maths, physics and psychology in my alevels and im in the grade range of A*A*B to AAC with the B and C being physics (meaning physics is my main deciding factor when it comes to grades). I am also applicable for Access to Leeds (A2L), which has some very good advantages and perks in favour of Leeds. Still i am not fully decied and would appreciate any insight on the pros and cons of each. My plan is to make Leeds my firm choice as otherwise i lose the A2L grade reduction and need an A*AA rather than AAB, and make the foundation at shefffield be my back up.
They’re both good unis.
Leeds is more modern, better developed, safer, and overall nicer to live in.
Reply 2
Original post by Roshanr04
Hi,
I have 3 offers from these 2 uni's, 1 for an MEng (conditional on getting AAB) at Leeds and 2 for an MEng (AAA) and foundation year (BBC) at Sheffield. Im stuggling to choose between the 2 uni's. The course is Aerospace Engineering as I said in the title. I do maths, physics and psychology in my alevels and im in the grade range of A*A*B to AAC with the B and C being physics (meaning physics is my main deciding factor when it comes to grades). I am also applicable for Access to Leeds (A2L), which has some very good advantages and perks in favour of Leeds. Still i am not fully decied and would appreciate any insight on the pros and cons of each. My plan is to make Leeds my firm choice as otherwise i lose the A2L grade reduction and need an A*AA rather than AAB, and make the foundation at shefffield be my back up.

Hey, what did you end up doing :smile:

I'm applying for both leeds and sheffield this year with achieved grades, so I'm abit curious

Quick Reply

Latest