The Student Room Group

Uni struggles

I feel so alone I this, everyone has someone to talk to or a group where they fit in (which I couldn’t ever naturally fit into) and I’m so scared of this continuing forever as it just reflects all my insecurities (that I’m not loveable, that I’m not good enough or that I am wasting my life).

I am pushing for an Autism/ADHD diagnosis but I’m so scared that if I don’t have this issue what actually is wrong with me. I don’t even know myself I’m always trying to fit in I’ve lost all sense of who I am, like I even find myself watching and doing stuff that most people do in my room ( so I may watch videos I’m not interested in to keep convo with others) like I hate this, I’m just surviving.

I guess my question is, does anyone else feel like this and is there any other things that I could do??
Reply 1
Yes lots of people feel this way. But you can't force things.
You need to broaden your horizons. Join some clubs and societies, use some dating apps, meet new people.
Oh I'm the same way as well. I don't fit in much just about anywhere and I tend just do what everyone else is doing such as watching the same things or doing the same things even though I don't like it.
How about joining some clubs or societies? That way you might meet people who share the same interests with what you actually like. What kind of things do you think/hobbies?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I feel so alone I this, everyone has someone to talk to or a group where they fit in (which I couldn’t ever naturally fit into) and I’m so scared of this continuing forever as it just reflects all my insecurities (that I’m not loveable, that I’m not good enough or that I am wasting my life).

I am pushing for an Autism/ADHD diagnosis but I’m so scared that if I don’t have this issue what actually is wrong with me. I don’t even know myself I’m always trying to fit in I’ve lost all sense of who I am, like I even find myself watching and doing stuff that most people do in my room ( so I may watch videos I’m not interested in to keep convo with others) like I hate this, I’m just surviving.

I guess my question is, does anyone else feel like this and is there any other things that I could do??

Hi,
Have you discolsed that you are seeking a diagnosis as they might have resources or adjustments that they can make to make the uni journey easier

Quick Reply

Latest