The Student Room Group

english gcse revision help

How can I revise for english gcse (language and literature) what do I revise and what resources where do i find them?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Use physics and maths tutors notes on each play and learn them. They are very good.
Reply 2
Original post by Rose_Joseph00
How can I revise for english gcse (language and literature) what do I revise and what resources where do i find them?

You can watch a lot of YouTube videos of people analysing the texts for English literature and get a feel of the structure and style. There is a lot of repetition when it comes to analysing and there's always a certain way they want you to do it. For language, you just need to remember that no concept is a silly concept as long as you justify your answer. Use things like PETAL to structure your paragraphs, it doesn't matter if it sounds kind of robotic. The CGP Textbooks are also a lot more helpful than people think
Original post by Rose_Joseph00

I’m in year 13 now and do English for a level but for GCSEs I got an 8 in language and 7 in literature. To be honest I abandoned everyone my English teacher taught me and watched and listened to mr everything English and went along with his essay paragraph structures and essay planning with him. I went from a grade 6 to a grade 7/8 in one night thanks to him
Reply 4
Last year my teacher always suggested mr bruff on YouTube, I watched quite a few of his videos and I do think it helped me
Reply 5
Original post by Radwa.s
You can watch a lot of YouTube videos of people analysing the texts for English literature and get a feel of the structure and style. There is a lot of repetition when it comes to analysing and there's always a certain way they want you to do it. For language, you just need to remember that no concept is a silly concept as long as you justify your answer. Use things like PETAL to structure your paragraphs, it doesn't matter if it sounds kind of robotic. The CGP Textbooks are also a lot more helpful than people think

thank you so much
Reply 6
Original post by rrstar
I’m in year 13 now and do English for a level but for GCSEs I got an 8 in language and 7 in literature. To be honest I abandoned everyone my English teacher taught me and watched and listened to mr everything English and went along with his essay paragraph structures and essay planning with him. I went from a grade 6 to a grade 7/8 in one night thanks to him

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest