The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities!

Scroll to see replies

hey everyone, i'm very happy to announce that i am the new study forum helper for tsr (which basically means you'll find me lurking around the site answering mostly study-related questions :biggrin:!) and i'll be hyping everyone up during the study together sessions 🎉! if anyone has any general questions about studying, you can always pm me and i'll be more than happy to answer them! (if you do psychology, sociology or spanish, extra brownie points 🍫 - i can also answer your questions!!)

thanks again! am very excited for the sessions to begin!
emmanuella 🎀
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
hey everyone, i'm very happy to announce that i am the new study forum helper for tsr! And i'll be hyping everyone up during the study together sessions 🎉! If anyone has any general questions about studying, you can always pm me and i'll be more than happy to answer them! (if you do psychology, sociology or spanish, extra brownie points 🍫 - i can also answer your questions!!)

thanks again! Am very excited for the sessions to begin! :d
emmanuella 🎀

omdsssss congrates babeee.
Original post by Tatakae L
omdsssss congrates babeee.

that was in caps btw to show my enthusiasim and happyniess for u but i forget they cencor it lol
Reply 63
hey everyone, i'm very happy to announce that i am the new study forum helper for tsr (which basically means you'll find me lurking around the site answering mostly study-related questions :biggrin:!) and i'll be hyping everyone up during the study together sessions 🎉! if anyone has any general questions about studying, you can always pm me and i'll be more than happy to answer them! (if you do psychology, sociology or spanish, extra brownie points 🍫 - i can also answer your questions!!)

emmanuella 🎀

Congratulations emmanuella !! 🥳
team stem!
Reply 65

emmanuella 🎀

Well done 🎊🎉
Reply 66

emmanuella 🎀

🎉🎉🎉🎉

emmanuella 🎀

congrats :biggrin:

emmanuella 🎀

congrats!!
Reply 69

emmanuella 🎀

WOOO CONGRATSS so proud of you 💪💪
Reply 70

emmanuella 🎀

nice... congrats 🎉🎉
Im a y10 who really needs some form of study motivation as i want to start revising little bits but very much lack the motivation and need to spend more time on TSR. JOINING TEAM STEM!!!!!!!! See you all Tuesday.
Also, congrats @emm4nuella on becoming a forum helper
(edited 2 months ago)

emmanuella 🎀

Yayyy congratulations! You deserve it after being such an active member here! 🥳
Original post by Student4355
Im a y10 who really needs some form of study motivation as i want to start revising little bits but very much lack the motivation and need to spend more time on TSR. JOINING TEAM STEM!!!!!!!! See you all Tuesday.
Also, congrats @emm4nuella on becoming a forum helper

Yay let’s go Team stem!
Congratulations @emm4nuella and welcome to the team :smile: Really pleased to have you on board :smile:
What a cool idea! Will it be a thread we post on? If it's not overbalanced towards Humanities I'd love to give it a go. I do Eng Lit/Eng Lang/Spanish so pretty firmly in that camp. Sometimes I don't get home until 5-ish on a Tuesday but I'll do my best to take part!

Congratulations @emm4nuella on your shiny new green name!! Totally deserved, not at all surprising considering how much you get around haha.
Original post by Castrovalva
What a cool idea! Will it be a thread we post on? If it's not overbalanced towards Humanities I'd love to give it a go. I do Eng Lit/Eng Lang/Spanish so pretty firmly in that camp. Sometimes I don't get home until 5-ish on a Tuesday but I'll do my best to take part!

Congratulations @emm4nuella on your shiny new green name!! Totally deserved, not at all surprising considering how much you get around haha.

Yes it’s a thread you post on. And I think the humanities team is actually outnumbered lol (I’m Team stem btw) if you join at 5:00 uk time, you’ll have an hour and a half to participate :smile:
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!
There's been some interest recently in ways you can study together on TSR, so we've put together a new project where you do just that :smile:
Welcome to...

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

What is it?
Each week, TSR Community Staff will run a live Study Together thread :yep: You can come along during the session to tell others what you’re working on, then drop back in to encourage others and give an update on how it’s gone for you :u: This could mean sharing that you’ve improved a skill or absorbed some new information, or maybe you’ll want to vent about something you’re finding tough :s-smilie: Either way, it’ll be a social and supportive place to study alongside others and hopefully help to keep you on track! Everyone is welcome, whatever level of study you're at, and you're free to revise whatever you need to do during the sessions :smile:

When is it?
Sessions will run on Tuesday evenings from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. The first session will be next week, 20th February, and the final one will be 18th June.

Teams
To add a fun competitive element, we’ll be pitting you against each other depending on the subjects you’re studying :colone: It's STEM vs Humanities - Chemistry geeks vs history buffs, budding biologists vs the bookworms, maths whizzes vs intrepid geographers :fight:

If you want to take part, comment below which camp you’re in and I’ll assign you to your team. Perhaps you’re a Jack of all trades and you’re studying a mix of subjects? No problem, you can choose which team you want to be on I'm generous like that :wink2: Once you’re down to take part, I’ll tag you in each week’s Study Together session thread just before it starts.

Prizes
You can win rep prizes both for your individual efforts and as part of your team:

25 rep points will be awarded to you for each session you participate in :^_^:

50 rep points will be awarded on weeks where you’ve hit a study streak :rave: so if it’s the second session you’ve attended in a row, you’ll be awarded double points and get 50 rep points that week instead of the usual 25

We’ll also be awarding a whopping 500 rep points to each member of the team who win overall that means the team whose members have participated in the most sessions between them.
To make this as fair as possible, you must have participated in at least half of the 18 sessions to be included in your team’s prize :dancing2:

How to join in
Comment below letting me know which team you belong in and I'll tag you in our first session next week. It's that simple! :biggrin:

Hiya! ・゚:⋆・゚ I'm new to TSR and also team STEM! I do Biology, Chemistry and Maths and I'm looking for ways to improve my grades.
Original post by shahzadi_
Hiya! ・゚:⋆・゚ I'm new to TSR and also team STEM! I do Biology, Chemistry and Maths and I'm looking for ways to improve my grades.

yay welcome to team stem! :biggrin:
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
yay welcome to team stem! :biggrin:

tysm, glad to be here! I love STEM :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending