The Student Room Group

I miss exam season???

I know that not a lot of people will be able to relate, but I'm realising that in the last year my happiest time was taking my A-level exams. I was studying almost every day, and I felt like I had a constant purpose. Now I'm on a gap year working full time, and as much as my job is exhausting, I dread the weekends and holidays. It's half term and the only reason I've enjoyed it is because I've had to look after my brother while he's ill and my parents are away, so I've been able to just cook and clean constantly.

I've always known I probably have a diagnosable level of anxiety, which is weirdly worse when less stuff is happening as then I overthink and obsessively ruminate, but I don't know if this is a problem? Like, if I constantly want to work, is that really an issue? But also it makes me sad that I can't just. enjoy time off.
Reply 1
volunteer or get some hobbies to give your life more purpose?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I know that not a lot of people will be able to relate, but I'm realising that in the last year my happiest time was taking my A-level exams. I was studying almost every day, and I felt like I had a constant purpose. Now I'm on a gap year working full time, and as much as my job is exhausting, I dread the weekends and holidays. It's half term and the only reason I've enjoyed it is because I've had to look after my brother while he's ill and my parents are away, so I've been able to just cook and clean constantly.

I've always known I probably have a diagnosable level of anxiety, which is weirdly worse when less stuff is happening as then I overthink and obsessively ruminate, but I don't know if this is a problem? Like, if I constantly want to work, is that really an issue? But also it makes me sad that I can't just. enjoy time off.

Face the reality of adulthood.
You are an adult now.
Original post by Anonymous #1

This sounds exactly like me lol, do you work in a school as well. Haven't been achieving or learning anything interesting on the job...

Quick Reply

Latest