The Student Room Group

How can i get put in higher again

Let me get straight to the point. Ive recently done my January mocks .my teacher put me in foundation in year 11 because i flunked my year 10 mocks, ive never done foundation in my life before that. Ive done my January mocks and i got a 5 in biology, 4 in chemistry and a 3 in physics. Ive been put in higher for biology but im still in foundation for chemistry and physics and my target grade is a 6. How can i get a 6 if im doing foundation. I need help, i dont wanna do foundation. Its demotivated me alot to even revise because i can only achieve a 5 not even a 7,8 or 9 anymore. There 2 months untill gcses what can i do to make the switch
Reply 1
Original post by Okayman1
Let me get straight to the point. Ive recently done my January mocks .my teacher put me in foundation in year 11 because i flunked my year 10 mocks, ive never done foundation in my life before that. Ive done my January mocks and i got a 5 in biology, 4 in chemistry and a 3 in physics. Ive been put in higher for biology but im still in foundation for chemistry and physics and my target grade is a 6. How can i get a 6 if im doing foundation. I need help, i dont wanna do foundation. Its demotivated me alot to even revise because i can only achieve a 5 not even a 7,8 or 9 anymore. There 2 months untill gcses what can i do to make the switch

You teacher has most likely done this because they feel you would benifit from it howver if you want to take higher you could always request your teacher to put you back up or ask a parent or carer to ring up and ask becuase sometimes that works better. Just knwo with that there us the chance that you could fail it might have had to do with the foundation being the better option. If you feel with solid revision and work you can get high grades then defo request it to be out back up.
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated 🙏
Reply 3
no problemo <3

Quick Reply

Latest