The Student Room Group

I’m a straight CCC student, can I improve with the time I have left?

For Psychology (Edexcel) English literature (Edexcel) Law (OCR), is it possible to get higher by May? Pretty demotivated because im in the middle of working hard yet not achieving what i want. Any advice please?
Of course you can it’s not about the amount of time you revise for it’s about how affective that revision was, that being said don’t leave it till the night before start now by doing a little everyday target the topics you find hardest.
Reply 2
Original post by laaibasohail88
Of course you can it’s not about the amount of time you revise for it’s about how affective that revision was, that being said don’t leave it till the night before start now by doing a little everyday target the topics you find hardest.

That’s funny cuz I have my English lit Coursewrok due on Monday, it’s the first draft but still, I have barely written anything. Thanks for the reply!
Reply 3
Original post by laaibasohail88

By the way, would you still be saying that if I had all U’s?, I just wanna know if being hopeful is realistic lol
Original post by Chunky dawgs
That’s funny cuz I have my English lit Coursewrok due on Monday, it’s the first draft but still, I have barely written anything. Thanks for the reply!

Yes don’t worry you will be fineeee!!!!! :smile:))
For Psychology (Edexcel) English literature (Edexcel) Law (OCR), is it possible to get higher by May? Pretty demotivated because im in the middle of working hard yet not achieving what i want. Any advice please?

heyyyy you can definitely can improve and it's good you want to know now as you still have a few months left (fellow year 13 student here!) if you have finished your mocks, the next thing to do is organise your revision. do you want more tips on this?
Reply 6
I do the exact same subjects (except i do AQA psychology) and I'm currently BCC and wondering the same thing. So many people have told me it's perfectly achievable to get higher grades as long as you revise.
Law honestly has me so stressed though, are you doing human rights or contract?
Original post by myarv2
I do the exact same subjects (except i do AQA psychology) and I'm currently BCC and wondering the same thing. So many people have told me it's perfectly achievable to get higher grades as long as you revise.
Law honestly has me so stressed though, are you doing human rights or contract?
We haven’t covered it yet, but we are doing human rights. Sounds more interesting than contract however girls from the year above me (when I was in AS) said that it’s more content heavy (nice)
It's possible 100% it is, all depends on you though, you need to make a lot of sacrifices though if you want AAA. From now to the exams should be doing minimum 4 hours of revision a day 1 hour each subjects and the extra hour at night time looking over everything you did that day. Take 1 day off a week, maybe a Friday or something, chill and do nothing then Saturday/ Sunday do 6 hours. Yeah it seems a lot but then again if you want the As you'll need to be on this schedule, in my opinion the sacrifice is worth it but then again depends on you and what you really want.
Reply 9
We haven’t covered it yet, but we are doing human rights. Sounds more interesting than contract however girls from the year above me (when I was in AS) said that it’s more content heavy (nice)
Yeah it is quite content heavy and theres so many cases and different acts to remember which is getting me so stressed. But the nice thing is that some of it is common sense and so there are a few easy marks to pick up.
Original post by Jakeclarke
It's possible 100% it is, all depends on you though, you need to make a lot of sacrifices though if you want AAA. From now to the exams should be doing minimum 4 hours of revision a day 1 hour each subjects and the extra hour at night time looking over everything you did that day. Take 1 day off a week, maybe a Friday or something, chill and do nothing then Saturday/ Sunday do 6 hours. Yeah it seems a lot but then again if you want the As you'll need to be on this schedule, in my opinion the sacrifice is worth it but then again depends on you and what you really want.
I think this is the best advice I have heard like my whole life😭 I do English Literature OCR, Business Edexcel and Psychology Aqa and I have never put this amount of work in on a daily basis explains why I am on a CCC consistently.
Heya! How’s things going now? I’d recommend definetly going over the topics that u are getting the least amount of marks in ot maximise ur marks and at this sage practice papers are ur best friend.Theirs still time u can do it
Original post by hilal800&
I think this is the best advice I have heard like my whole life😭 I do English Literature OCR, Business Edexcel and Psychology Aqa and I have never put this amount of work in on a daily basis explains why I am on a CCC consistently.
I do business Edexcel as well, honestly you should be getting an A* on it, plz get a CGP guide asap, learn all the content and do loads of past papers later. For business, learning all the content is really important then learn the structure of a 20 marker inside out. You can do this for sure and get an A. How's your revision going may I ask?

Quick Reply

Latest