The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool

I got an offer from the University of Liverpool. I would like to go there, but I don't know about the city of Liverpool and student life at the University of Liverpool. Can you provide information about the city's amenities, cultural attractions, and transportation options? Also, what are some of the highlights of student life at the university, such as clubs, societies, and campus facilities?
Original post by Rohithraja
I got an offer from the University of Liverpool. I would like to go there, but I don't know about the city of Liverpool and student life at the University of Liverpool. Can you provide information about the city's amenities, cultural attractions, and transportation options? Also, what are some of the highlights of student life at the university, such as clubs, societies, and campus facilities?

Hey hun!
I went to Liverpool last year for uni, there's loads to see there! The docks are gorgeous, the bombed out church, the beach with the beetles statues, they have an outstanding cathedral on the way into the town centre. The university is a 10 minute walk up brownlow hill from the town centre where there is lime Street station (the main station in the city). The university campus itself has a main hall for events, and a starbucks, tesco express, Greg's and subway on site. Depending in which accom your in depends on what's around. They're all on uni campus so they're all near town except greenbank (where I stayed). This accom is the most expensive, but it has an onsite laundrette, gym, events room, etc. It's about a 10 minute walk from smithdown which has loads of local shops, a student pub called the brookhouse for a few drinks with friends. It's about a 20/30 minute bus journey from campus, and you can travel for free with a discounted bus pass at £55. I will admit the buses aren't great on that route so leave very early for your lessons. Behind greenbank you also have sefton park which is absolutely stunning. The nightlife in Liverpool is also a lot of fun depending on where you go.

Also, there are lots of societies and they do trips too, such as to Knowsley safari park. I joined the feminist society, cocktail society, drama society, rock soc and a few more. It's a great opportunity to meet people and there's lots more. They also encourage volunteering if you're able and present you with loads of opportunities on the guild website and during freshers fairs.

It is an amazing unuversity and city if you choose to go. The only downside is the lack of communication and support with your studies due to personal circumstances. I missed a lot and was told to catch up myself, however there were many technical issues that no one would help me with. But that is just my own experience and may be much better for you if you go.

If you have any questions I think you can message me on here and I'll be happy to answer. It really is an amazing city to live in and I'll definitely be going back
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Lx_chxrlx_2004

Hey hun!
I went to Liverpool last year for uni, there's loads to see there! The docks are gorgeous, the bombed out church, the beach with the beetles statues, they have an outstanding cathedral on the way into the town centre. The university is a 10 minute walk up brownlow hill from the town centre where there is lime Street station (the main station in the city). The university campus itself has a main hall for events, and a starbucks, tesco express, Greg's and subway on site. Depending in which accom your in depends on what's around. They're all on uni campus so they're all near town except greenbank (where I stayed). This accom is the most expensive, but it has an onsite laundrette, gym, events room, etc. It's about a 10 minute walk from smithdown which has loads of local shops, a student pub called the brookhouse for a few drinks with friends. It's about a 20/30 minute bus journey from campus, and you can travel for free with a discounted bus pass at £55. I will admit the buses aren't great on that route so leave very early for your lessons. Behind greenbank you also have sefton park which is absolutely stunning. The nightlife in Liverpool is also a lot of fun depending on where you go.

Also, there are lots of societies and they do trips too, such as to Knowsley safari park. I joined the feminist society, cocktail society, drama society, rock soc and a few more. It's a great opportunity to meet people and there's lots more. They also encourage volunteering if you're able and present you with loads of opportunities on the guild website and during freshers fairs.

It is an amazing unuversity and city if you choose to go. The only downside is the lack of communication and support with your studies due to personal circumstances. I missed a lot and was told to catch up myself, however there were many technical issues that no one would help me with. But that is just my own experience and may be much better for you if you go.

If you have any questions I think you can message me on here and I'll be happy to answer. It really is an amazing city to live in and I'll definitely be going back

As well as this they do campus tours in your first week where you walk to your lectures with a group of students. And they have a buddy program so if you ever feel unsafe someone can walk with you until you are safe. They have counselling and their own university gp which most students go for, but if you stay at greenbank there is a surgery about a 2 minute drive away where I went.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending