The Student Room Group

How do I manage my time in sixth form?

I feel like im exhausted literally all of the time. I get home at 4pm every day with plans to fit in exercise, hours of study and free time into my evening but I feel like I end up staring at my phone too tired to move most days. How do I become more productive and just get on with even when I'm extremely tired? Like is something wrong with me or is this normal?
Reply 1
hey there! Honestly i had the same problem when I was in yr 12 ( i am currently yr 13 now). I would say that you should try and rest for 30 mins to 1 hour and then start studying as soon as possible, so that you can finish early and then do all the other things you want to do. personally i hate studying too late at night cuz i am just too tired to focus. try to make a plan and stick with it, it will really help you if you stay committed to it. also i don't know how your sixth form works but in my one we have 'independant study sessions' during the day, which is really helpful cuz you can just do most of your work then and basically be free at home. you could also try and get ahead of everyone else during the weekend/holidays by preparing for future lessons, so that you already understand the topic/ have a decent understanding of it so that when you get to it in class, you don't have to go over it again at home.
Reply 2
Original post by Xrffyuhstyhbf
I feel like im exhausted literally all of the time. I get home at 4pm every day with plans to fit in exercise, hours of study and free time into my evening but I feel like I end up staring at my phone too tired to move most days. How do I become more productive and just get on with even when I'm extremely tired? Like is something wrong with me or is this normal?
hey! i'm currently in yr 13 and completely related to this when i was in year 12, its defo common as well as ik loads of my friends feel the same. i would defo recommend making a plan if u havent already and giving yourself time to rest when u get home - u deserve to rest after a long day!! also i think sometimes its about being realistic and prioritsing stuff. for example, ive come to realise that at times, when i have a lot of hw etc, its impossible to fit in study, exercise, free time and go to sleep at a somewhat decent time - the non-hw stuff can be left for another time (ie the weekend or when u have less hw). tho i get it can be hard to accept that and also annoying, especially if ur school sets a lot of work (which mine does). in terms the phone thing, i was terrible w tiktok and lit couldnt get off it, so i TOTALLY relate especially when ur rlly tired after a long day, but i started using the app flora which rlly helped actually. theres other apps too like finch or study bird which are also good!

hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest