The Student Room Group

GCSE Triple Science

Hi everyone , I have a question I keep studying hard for my mocks but I just did my feb mocks and I didn't do as well as I expected and everyone in my class go 8s and 9s and I got a 6 . Any tips on how I can get 8 or 9 as I really need help . I did past papers and flash card but I just don't know what to do and I feel soo helpless with 2 months left .
Original post by Miaaaaso
Hi everyone , I have a question I keep studying hard for my mocks but I just did my feb mocks and I didn't do as well as I expected and everyone in my class go 8s and 9s and I got a 6 . Any tips on how I can get 8 or 9 as I really need help . I did past papers and flash card but I just don't know what to do and I feel soo helpless with 2 months left .
seneca

its very helpful
bumped me up 3/4 grades in 2/3 weeks
Reply 2
Original post by niqabiforever21
seneca

its very helpful
bumped me up 3/4 grades in 2/3 weeks
Thank you I will try it out
It's entirely possible to get 8s and 9s!
To be fair, it depends on the individual!

From my experience:
Sciences - Making personal notes/rewriting a whole textbook summarised with key points required to learn (not just random info). That way, essential information sticks to your brain as you mind-map each unique idea through font and style on paper. If you want to make things stand out in your notes to remember some key points, try drawing diagrams to add to your notes. That way, you are able to recognise the section of info you've summarised - make it stand out!

Watching videos online helps me fill the gaps in knowledge for different sciences. I recommend Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube!

English - Practice papers - Moreover, warm up with writing until you're comfortable with writing at a fast pace. (A fun thing I find which helps expand my vocabulary is by watching Netflix shows!)

Maths - Honestly, I don't think you can really 'revise' maths - so instead, make sure you understand all the concepts and correlations in the curriculum.

Remember, this is my way of studying to get 9s for each subject; Additionally, each person has their own style of revision - so I advise you try different revision strategies and find one which works best for you!
Good luck with the revision!
Reply 4
Original post by jelllyfiiish
It's entirely possible to get 8s and 9s!
To be fair, it depends on the individual!

From my experience:
Sciences - Making personal notes/rewriting a whole textbook summarised with key points required to learn (not just random info). That way, essential information sticks to your brain as you mind-map each unique idea through font and style on paper. If you want to make things stand out in your notes to remember some key points, try drawing diagrams to add to your notes. That way, you are able to recognise the section of info you've summarised - make it stand out!

Watching videos online helps me fill the gaps in knowledge for different sciences. I recommend Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube!

English - Practice papers - Moreover, warm up with writing until you're comfortable with writing at a fast pace. (A fun thing I find which helps expand my vocabulary is by watching Netflix shows!)

Maths - Honestly, I don't think you can really 'revise' maths - so instead, make sure you understand all the concepts and correlations in the curriculum.

Remember, this is my way of studying to get 9s for each subject; Additionally, each person has their own style of revision - so I advise you try different revision strategies and find one which works best for you!
Good luck with the revision!
Thank you I will try these
Thank you I will try these
No problem! Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest