The Student Room Group

Whats the difference between a gcse in psychology and gcse in sociology?

My friend and I are picking options soon and want to know the difference between the two.
Original post by Bob1893
My friend and I are picking options soon and want to know the difference between the two.
they're both pretty heavily essay based and personally i advice u to not choose either but yk u do u. sociology is more abt like society and how there's inequalities within society through class system (working class, middle class), patriarchy and stuff. u look at stuff like crime & families through the lens of feminists, marxists etc (at least in AQA... might be different in other exam boards but shouldn't be too diff) and research methods which sociologists use to study this shi.

i have not done psychology before, so i don't know much about it. However, my sister waffles on abt it in A-level, so all I know is that it's very heavily essay-based which is similar to sociology in that aspect. Whether it's harder or easier idk. Psychology's the study of the mind & behavior, and behavior wise it's similar to sociology in interactionist sense/?? don't take my word for it since i don't have any experience for psychology

But they're both VERY CONTENT BASED that's for a fact if u or ur friend choose either one make sure to flashcard and revise the content regularly cuz there's a lot of content and that shi's easy to forget.

Quick Reply

Latest