The Student Room Group

Remark 2023 a levels

Hi
Seen that a review of marks means the examiner can only change marks if there’s an ‘error’ in our a level paper marks. What?!😭 so this isn’t a remark. Can grades even go up?
Original post by Mickjagger
Hi
Seen that a review of marks means the examiner can only change marks if there’s an ‘error’ in our a level paper marks. What?!😭 so this isn’t a remark. Can grades even go up?

From the AQA website:

If you request a review or priority review of marking:

it includes a clerical re-check
you’ll receive a copy of the reviewed script as part of this service
a second examiner will review the paper/recording again to identify genuine marking errors or unreasonable marking
we’ll make sure all the marks are counted
a grade can go down as well as up.

They look for errors and unreasonable marking, so yes grades can change in both directions.
Reply 2
Hello, I have recieved my scripts back for my literature papers however for my coursework which is the exam board AQA my total Mark's 36/50 have not been scaled by 1.5 to reach a mark from /75. As the total Mark's should be for English /375, sadly to appeal or get a remark for coursework costs a very heavy price and so I am feeling quite disheartened. Also, does anyone have any future guidance for me as I am quite stuck as to what to do next, my grade achieved for literature in the end is a C after working at grade A in my essays for the past two years.
Original post by BUNNYXO
Hello, I have recieved my scripts back for my literature papers however for my coursework which is the exam board AQA my total Mark's 36/50 have not been scaled by 1.5 to reach a mark from /75. As the total Mark's should be for English /375, sadly to appeal or get a remark for coursework costs a very heavy price and so I am feeling quite disheartened. Also, does anyone have any future guidance for me as I am quite stuck as to what to do next, my grade achieved for literature in the end is a C after working at grade A in my essays for the past two years.

Talk to your exam centre (school) to see what they advise and if they think there is an error with the calculation of marks.
Reply 4
Thank you, do you know if we go via the clerical re-check will they ensure that our courseowork " for my literature exams" are then accurately checked again and hopefully the correct mark is given. I am remaining optimistic that after the checks in the future, the correct grading will be given.

Quick Reply

Latest