The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc International Human Rights Law 2024-2026

Hi!
Has anyone out here applied this year for this part-time Msc?
Reply 1
I applied to it. Heard nothing so far.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Hi! Excited to have finally found someone else. Nothing on my end either. From previous years it sounds like results usually come out on the 8 weeks mark, so slightly less than two weeks to go now!
Do you have an extensive background in HR?
Reply 3
I see! Well that's definitely more experience than I have! I have experience in a field related to human rights but not quite exactly it. I have an LLB and 2 Masters (in different fields which would be relevant but again not directly HR law). I'm really not sure whether that'll be enough but I also do wonder what experts with decades of experience in the field would get exactly out of the Msc especially the first year which is mostly taught..
I also would keep working full time if accepted!
Reply 4
Hope so too! think next Friday as that's the 8 weeks mark? The sooner the better obviously, the wait is killing me.
Reply 5
Update: Socio-legal Mphils have apparently started to hear back and as they had the same deadline as us + their course is administered by the same department as our Msc, it's possible we might hear a bit sooner (I know I'm probably overthinking this whole thing!)
Reply 6
My button is gone!
Mine too
Reply 8
Ah, mine is still there so I am guessing it is bad news now. Ah well.
Reply 9
Original post by Eragon1
Ah, mine is still there so I am guessing it is bad news now. Ah well.
I really don't think so! The button thing doesn't seem to be very consistent - all it means is they're moving on the apps, no way to know if it's positive or negative yet. People have gotten responses this year and last year without their button ever disappearing so it's far from being reliable. But hopefully this means we're hearing back this week!
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #1
I really don't think so! The button thing doesn't seem to be very consistent - all it means is they're moving on the apps, no way to know if it's positive or negative yet. People have gotten responses this year and last year without their button ever disappearing so it's far from being reliable. But hopefully this means we're hearing back this week!

Thanks for the positive encouragement. Let's hope for the best.
Just got rejected!
Original post by Eragon1
Wow, I am really sorry to hear that. Your profile is great so that is a surprise. Were you notified in the portal or through email?
Thank you for your kind words - I did think the fact I didn't have direct experience in human rights law may hurt my app quite a bit but I thought it'd be worth trying as I do have related experience. But that's alright I'll try this and the Mphil next year (I didn't apply to the Mphil this time around). I got an email at around 10pm this evening and just checked now my portal has also been updated.
Best of luck to you!
Reply 13
Just got rejected!

Wow, I am really sorry to hear that. Your profile is great so that is a surprise. Were you notified in the portal or through email?

Feel free to DM me if you want to talk further.
Reply 14
Thank you for your kind words - I did think the fact I didn't have direct experience in human rights law may hurt my app quite a bit but I thought it'd be worth trying as I do have related experience. But that's alright I'll try this and the Mphil next year (I didn't apply to the Mphil this time around). I got an email at around 10pm this evening and just checked now my portal has also been updated.
Best of luck to you!

Yea, this program in particular seems to weigh direct human rights experience heavily while the other law programs at Oxford weigh academic excellence more heavily. I'll keep you posted on how my application turns out. Feel free to DM me if you want to talk further.
Reply 15
Best of luck to you!

I was accepted into the MSc in International Human Rights Law today around 9:25 am UK Time. My upload button disappeared sometime yesterday afternoon. Good luck in your future applications.
Massive congratulations!! Very happy for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending