The Student Room Group

My friend thinks I should get help for anxiety but I'm worried I'm not anxious enough

I've always been an anxious person, but I usually struggle most (as with everyone) when doing new things/doing something differently. So I've found it hard lately at uni when my friend has been spending time with other friends, without me, when previously we would always be together. This makes much more sense and is obviously healthier - its not good for 2 people to spend all their time together. However its thrown me out my comfort zone and I've struggled with feeling like I'm missing out, I don't have enough friends and like my friends don't like me. It's put a lot of unfair pressure on my friend because she's had to deal with me acting very difficult. So then we went to student support to try and get some help and they said I should speak to my GP about anxiety. But I get worried I don't deserve help and I also feel like even though I've acted very extreme the last couple of weeks, I would be fine now so I don't need help. And I get worried I'm not anxious enough to need help and I'm overreacting. Idk its just stressing me out its like I'm worried about being worried? Which is silly haha
Honestly, I think it’s anxiety making you think your anxiety isn’t bad enough. That was me a few years back lol. You do deserve support, if it’s having a negative impact on your life then it’s worth looking into getting some help.

Quick Reply

Latest