The Student Room Group

Psychology applicants 2023

I noticed there are no threads for Psychology applicants 2023, so here we go!
What universities did you apply for?
Which ones are your favourite?
My daughter applied for Southampton (offer), Royal Holloway (offer), Nottingham, Aberdeen and Exeter (nothing yet).
I’m also a Psychology teacher (IB) if you have questions about the subject 😊

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shakira_oforixx
I've applied for joint courses of psychology and neuroscience except for one uni as they didn't offer the joint course. I applied to KCL, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leicester (I've received an offer from leicester, nowhere else yet).
My top choices are currently KCL, Bristol and Manchester.

I went to Manchester and it was an amazing place to study and live in. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ThirdCultureMum
My daughter applied for Southampton (offer), Royal Holloway (offer), Nottingham, Aberdeen and Exeter (nothing yet).
I’m also a Psychology teacher (IB) if you have questions about the subject 😊hi

hi! i've applied for bath, warwick (offer), leeds, liverpool (offer) & exeter. my favourites are bath & warwick, good luck to your daughter with her application!
when did you hear from bath, i applied there too (gap year applicant)?
Original post by neeveb
hi! i've applied for bath, warwick (offer), leeds, liverpool (offer) & exeter. my favourites are bath & warwick, good luck to your daughter with her application!

I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Bristol (offer) and Warwick (offer).
Reply 5
Original post by weirdfishesx
when did you hear from bath, i applied there too (gap year applicant)?

they acknowledged my application on the 15th october but i havent heard back since

Hi all, all the best with the applications! Just wanted to jump into say that Aberdeen as well as other universities won't issue the bulk of their offers until after the UCAS deadline in late January so we can give equal consideration for all the applications. Thought it was worth saying so you know that it's normal to have not heard at this stage and that many people will be in the same boat.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Bath has begun Psy offers!
Has anyone heard from Exeter yet?
My daughter got offers from Royal Holloway and Southampton but a sociology offer from Notts (instead of psych), which is disappointing, but hey!
Has anyone heard from Exeter yet?
My daughter got offers from Royal Holloway and Southampton but a sociology offer from Notts (instead of psych), which is disappointing, but hey!

From other social media platforms, I have seen offers for these courses - Neurosci, History, Econs+Fin, Hist+IR, CS+Math, Engrg, NatSci, Math+Fin, Psy, Math, Law, BioChem,
Original post by BubblesBB
From other social media platforms, I have seen offers for these courses - Neurosci, History, Econs+Fin, Hist+IR, CS+Math, Engrg, NatSci, Math+Fin, Psy, Math, Law, BioChem,

Ok thanks!
Original post by Shakira_oforixx
I've applied for joint courses of psychology and neuroscience except for one uni as they didn't offer the joint course. I applied to KCL, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leicester (I've received an offer from leicester, nowhere else yet).
My top choices are currently KCL, Bristol and Manchester.

Hey @Shakira_oforixx

Congratulations on your offer from Leicester! Great to hear that you chose us as one of your choices :smile: Best of luck with your other university applications too!!

I would definitely recommend trying to go to Offer Holder Days for as many of your universities as possible, when you get the invitations- they will give you such a good chance to really pin down the right place for you!

If you have any questions about Leicester or university generally, always around to chat. -Alisha :smile: (UK Student Recruitment Support Officer)
if you don’t mind saying, what grades did you apply with xx
has anyone else not received any offers yet? i applied in october along with a few friends and they have 2+ offers already out of 5. im getting a bit stressed...
I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Bristol (offer) and Warwick (offer).

Rounding up another week! Update: Cambridge (invitation to interview), UCL, Bath (offer), Bristol (offer) and Warwick (offer).
Original post by tsrgirl123
has anyone else not received any offers yet? i applied in october along with a few friends and they have 2+ offers already out of 5. im getting a bit stressed...

It could be because they're applying to different courses or unis? I know how you feel tho I didn't get any offers till last week and I applied near the beginning of October. Just remember that it's normal for universities to take time giving offers especially for courses like psych, which are pretty popular. If you applied to any London unis as well those are definitely going to take longer.

Also, I applied to Cambridge (interview!!), Bath (offer), ucl, lse and Exeter. I'm definitely hoping I get into cambridge!
Rounding up another week! Update: Cambridge (invitation to interview), UCL, Bath (offer), Bristol (offer) and Warwick (offer).

I saw you on the other threads congrats on getting your interview!! When is it?
if you don’t mind, what did you apply to bath with! and how long did it take for them to get back to you? cx
Original post by Banoot
I saw you on the other threads congrats on getting your interview!! When is it?

Congrats to you too! The invitation to interview is uber precious! Wishing you lots of luck! Interview date: 8 Dec. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest