The Student Room Group

politics

The highest I've been getting on writing essays(I'm a year 12 student) is a B and thats what my teacher thinks I will get, id like to aim for an a star any tips on essay structure?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by minisa:)
The highest I've been getting on writing essays(I'm a year 12 student) is a B and thats what my teacher thinks I will get, id like to aim for an a star any tips on essay structure?
Hi, I got an A* in politics. I could give you some advice, but honestly the best person you can talk to is your teacher. This is because there is no set way to write a perfect essay for politics. I found that listening to other people's opinions contradicted my teachers and just left me confused. I just suggest writing as many timed and unseen essays as possible and taking the feedback from your teachers to write another
Original post by minisa:)

Hi, I was in the same boat. The key ‘structure’ to follow is your point , explain , evidence , counter argument , and then why your original point wins. The main thing is to not follow too strict of a structure as you need to be flexible to the question. I also recommended 1-1s with your teacher if you can as those really helped me.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest