The Student Room Group

GCSE science

Hii, I am doing edexcel triple science, I am not doing too well my teachers say I miss read the question but I am really not to sure, does anyone have any advice on how to get a 7 or an 8 (maybe a 9) in GCSE science I would really appreciate it thank you
Original post by Mkitchen_
Hii, I am doing edexcel triple science, I am not doing too well my teachers say I miss read the question but I am really not to sure, does anyone have any advice on how to get a 7 or an 8 (maybe a 9) in GCSE science I would really appreciate it thank you
Hi. Slow everything down a bit and try re reading through things
lol i'm literally (almost) in the same boat ^^'
I did aqa and just read the info on bbc bitesize and did all the past papers multiple times. got me grade 9s and surprisingly, I never took notes haha.

Hii, what I did for GCSE science was I would first memorise information. I'd stick post it's around my room of different information, formulas etc I needed to remember and I would read it out loud every time I passed the post it note, so it would eventually get into my Brain. I then started doing past papers so I would learn how to apply, slowly reading the question and highlighting key words in the question. And then when I got closer to exams (but you can do it earlier), I summarised one chapter in each book into one full A4 page, which I would blurt from and continuously test myself on before the exam.
Reply 5

Write a mind map completely blind and see what you can remember about a topic (if you know NOTHING, that’s totally okay)
Watch a vid/ read notes (preferably from the spec) then write down everything you can remember as a mind map then rewatch it and go over what you missed in a diff colour
And use the spec, if you see anything that’s not in there, don’t bother learning it (it could be from perhaps an old spec or just something you’ll never have to know)
And practice exam questions and pick up the wording from the mark scheme if it comes up constantly as that’s probably something you should remember and will be able to use in future questions

Quick Reply

Latest