The Student Room Group

Any predictions for the previous BMAT schools now they are moving to UCAT for 2025?

Does anyone have any predictions for how this will play out?
I am guessing that Imperial and UCL will go for straight UCAT scores? and have high cut offs? (But will UCL have a minimum requirement in different sections like with BMAT?)
How do people think that Oxford, Cambridge, Lancaster and BSMS will use it?
predicting a 4000 b0 cut off for oxbridge
Reply 2
3000-3200 probably
Nah everyone is saying too high. Bristol was the old highest UCAT cut off and it was like ~2900. That will obviously now probably decrease slightly. So the cut off for interview will be between 2900 and 3000.

People that did the BMAT were often the ones that didn’t do too well in the ucat. If you got a super high score in the ucat 2920-2950< there was no point in doing the BMAT so picked super high ucat unis like Bristol where you were guaranteed an interview (basically). Therefore, ICL, Oxford and Cambridge will replace Bristol at that high ucat cut off position. So I can’t imagine the cut off being above 3000.

To get a score of 2950 you need to be in the top 5%. As the score increases the % getting that decreases. Only like 1% get a score of 3030<. That’s like only 300-400 people. Thats roughly the same number of interview spots for Oxford/cambridge (actually there’s more interview slots) and that’s assuming everyone with that high score picks Cambridge/oxford.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lanky_giraffe
Nah everyone is saying too high. Bristol was the old highest UCAT cut off and it was like ~2900. That will obviously now probably decrease slightly. So the cut off for interview will be between 2900 and 3000.
People that did the BMAT were often the ones that didn’t do too well in the ucat. If you got a super high score in the ucat 2920-2950< there was no point in doing the BMAT so picked super high ucat unis like Bristol where you were guaranteed an interview (basically). Therefore, ICL, Oxford and Cambridge will replace Bristol at that high ucat cut off position. So I can’t imagine the cut off being above 3000.
To get a score of 2950 you need to be in the top 5%. As the score increases the % getting that decreases. Only like 1% get a score of 3030<. That’s like only 300-400 people. Thats roughly the same number of interview spots for Oxford/cambridge (actually there’s more interview slots) and that’s assuming everyone with that high score picks Cambridge/oxford.
what do u think for international applicants
Original post by 600409
what do u think for international applicants
I have absolutely no idea. Probably like 3050 for interview for Oxbridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending