The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Animation Course

Will I need a laptop for this course? Just wanna be fully prepared
Reply 1
Hey I know you posted this a month ago but I plan to do the animation course at Sheffield hallam this year too! Here's what I know:

All the work set during the course can be done at uni since they have all the equipment/computers that you'd need and the rooms stay open till late so it's not mandatory to have a laptop.

If you'd rather work from home than going to uni when you don't have to then I'd say go for it and get one (and also you can do your own projects on there too so not everything is stuck on the uni computers). Minimum specs I'd recommend are
-16gb ram
-512gb storage (you can use external storage if you run out)
-i5 core processor
-graphics card (I don't know specifically which one of these you'd need)

I'm gonna look into getting a laptop closer to september :smile:

Also if you're planning to do the animation course this year do you wanna be friends?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Melonimp
Will I need a laptop for this course? Just wanna be fully prepared

Hii I saw your dm I promise I’m not ignoring you it won’t let me respond to dms yet 😭 I’ll answer when I can! I think I have to wait 48 hours
Reply 3
Original post by muted
Hii I saw your dm I promise I’m not ignoring you it won’t let me respond to dms yet 😭 I’ll answer when I can! I think I have to wait 48 hours

I can add you on discord or something if that’s alright with you just so you don’t have to wait ages to reply 😂😂
Reply 4
Original post by Melonimp
I can add you on discord or something if that’s alright with you just so you don’t have to wait ages to reply 😂😂

Yea for sure my discord is konstantsilence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending