The Student Room Group

GCSEs

Hi,

I'm a mature student that has just finished my access course (with a view to apply to study nursing at uni sept 24’)

I am doing maths, chemistry and biology GCSE from this sept and wondered if anyone else on here is either doing similar OR took the exams this year and has any tips :smile:

Thanks in advance! X
Reply 1
How come your doing all your GCSEs now when you have just completed your access course??
Reply 2
Morning :smile:

I am doing them (only 3 of them) now because where I went to college you could only do 1 GCSE alongside your access course and most nursing degrees (but not all) require science GCSEs as well as maths and English. So I was advised to just do the 3 this year. Im applying to UCAS for 2024 intake.
Reply 3
Original post by Bellanoelle
Morning :smile:

I am doing them (only 3 of them) now because where I went to college you could only do 1 GCSE alongside your access course and most nursing degrees (but not all) require science GCSEs as well as maths and English. So I was advised to just do the 3 this year. Im applying to UCAS for 2024 intake.

Didn’t your access course include any science credits? Mine included them all so didn’t need any science GCSEs
Reply 4
Original post by I luv cake
Didn’t your access course include any science credits? Mine included them all so didn’t need any science GCSEs

My access course had psychology, human biology, health studies, sociology and study skills. None of the degrees I wish to apply for accept an access course without pass grades in maths and science.
Reply 5
Original post by Bellanoelle
My access course had psychology, human biology, health studies, sociology and study skills. None of the degrees I wish to apply for accept an access course without pass grades in maths and science.

That’s a shame. Mine had all the same as yours apart from sociology but were accepted as full science so no GCSE sciences needed.

Edit: I had a look at your previous post regarding KCL. Are you still planning on there? I only ask because they only require an access and maths and English GCSEs
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending