The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial no reply=rejection?

Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back for postgraduate applications yet? I applied on 19th January (round 1), and the decision deadline is in a few days (9th March). The status of my application still says 'with department'. I tried not to put all my eggs in this basket because I know how tough it is so I've been applying to other unis as well. But the thought of no reply makes me anxious.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back for postgraduate applications yet? I applied on 19th January (round 1), and the decision deadline is in a few days (9th March). The status of my application still says 'with department'. I tried not to put all my eggs in this basket because I know how tough it is so I've been applying to other unis as well. But the thought of no reply makes me anxious.

No reply yet doesn't mean it's a rejection dw!
1) they get a very high volume of applications so they may not have had a chance to look over yours yet
2) if it is a rejection they would reject you as soon as they've seen it rather than read it and ignore it
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Froggo123
No reply yet doesn't mean it's a rejection dw!
1) they get a very high volume of applications so they may not have had a chance to look over yours yet
2) if it is a rejection they would reject you as soon as they've seen it rather than read it and ignore it
Thank you for the reply! I got an email for an interview invite recently! But I've been wracking my brain overthinking if they're just interviewing as a formality and they'll just toss me in the rejection pile afterwards. Anyways, thanks again!
Thank you for the reply! I got an email for an interview invite recently! But I've been wracking my brain overthinking if they're just interviewing as a formality and they'll just toss me in the rejection pile afterwards. Anyways, thanks again!

Good luck on the interview!
Reply 4
hey atb for ur interview!! btw can I ask for which course you applied for and the date of ur interview pls(if u dont mind)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending