The Student Room Group

clarification on revision A-levels

hi, i am a year 12 studying history, politics, media and EPQ.
i managed to get through gcses with only scraping revision for the last six weeks and obsessively making flashcards. so far in year twelve ive been breezing my frees and only doing homework and parts of revision when i need to on advice from my sister in uni who went to the same sixthform as me and some y13s. but ive realised i never really learned properly how tor revise other than flashcards and dont want to be too dependant on them when there are other more efficient methods. i have exams to qualify for y13 in 7 weeks with the only requirement being no Us/Es which im not too nervous about but ive come to the realisation that what ive been doing hasnt been enough and i have alot of workbooks i havent gone over/done anything with so this week i began writing full double page notes sumarising full workbooks often not briefly due to the significance of content and then typing this up into a note form or using dictation to get it into a database of notes somehow then turning this into flashcards on remnote. im unsure wether this will work for me and dont know wether to continue if its stupid but i think this is meant to utilise 'second brain' and active recall so. i have alot of books to cover ontop of ongoing workbooks im studying and other extracurriculars/subject obligations (homeworks, deadlines and school roles) and dont want to burnout/waste time so im wondering if this is smart, useful and if i manage to incorporate it with actual past papers and practise efficient.

alot of waffle but im unusually stressed with looming exams even though i really enjoy sixthform and the content i study.
thank you.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest