The Student Room Group

C to A* in two months ?

Hi i’m currently getting Cs in my mock exams due to not revising and being lazy as hell but i’ve recently started to revise properly and seeing how much content there is i’m a bit scared i won’t be able to get to my desired grades in the final exams. Does anyone have any advice on what i should do to get nearer to A*s what i should prioritise etc -for context i study Maths, Econ and psychology all aqa. Thank you !
Maths shouldn't be too hard to get an A* in (70% for Edexcel) if you do all the past papers having learnt the necessary equations and methods (using a channel like Bicen Maths).

Econ will be hard. I got an incredibly high B in my mocks and just hit below an A* for the real thing, even though I put in a lot of effort for revision. Again, it's past papers but exam technique is much more important for Econ. Notably for the 25 markers. Use EconPlusDal for sure, and try to learn examples for each topic. E.g. for monopolies, know about a relevant industry like McDonald's in fast food.

Quick Reply

Latest