The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go from a C to A in AS Levels?

Hello everyone,
I do chemistry as one of my AS levels, despite my other subjects being at a predicted A, I achieved a C for my mocks back in december. I was just wondering if it is possible to go from a C to an A in a span of a little under two months, and what I should be trying to do everyday to achieve this ( any effective revision methods). Please help I'm super stressed by this and it's taking a toll on my mental health.
Original post by nh7-7739
Hello everyone,
I do chemistry as one of my AS levels, despite my other subjects being at a predicted A, I achieved a C for my mocks back in december. I was just wondering if it is possible to go from a C to an A in a span of a little under two months, and what I should be trying to do everyday to achieve this ( any effective revision methods). Please help I'm super stressed by this and it's taking a toll on my mental health.
Hi there,

Firstly, I think it's important to recognise that getting a C is still a good A-Level grade to get for AS level. You have another few months of this year and then the whole of next year to really polish up on all the topics, so don't beat yourself up.

I would recommend putting together a revision timetable, so that you know what your goals and prospectives are. You could do 30mins-1hour in each of your subjects and pick a topic that you've either struggled to remember or find particularly tough. Then test yourself with some past papers and this will clearly show the areas you need to focus on. After that you can then better plan what areas to focus on creating revision cards, posters, etc. for.

Hope this helps - best of luck with your studies!
Ethan
It is definitely possible I got a D in maths in my first AS mock and a A in the next one and that got me A* predicted in y13 I also do chemistry I’m not a big fan but I’d recommend literally just doing questions on different topics and looking at the markschemes

Quick Reply

Latest