The Student Room Group

Why do I only feel "normal" after a bad injury

Basically I broke my leg recently and I normalised, I am late 30's now and WFH (though signed off for at least 2 months) I planned to go back to college after summer before this and already been accepted.

Not sure if its the meds but I think they helped, spent 2 weeks in hospital and during that time whilst I was a bit bored, frustrated and felt isolated I also felt zero depression/anxity, I easily slept at night, I woke 7am with no hassle i.e normally I struggle to wake, I didn't feel hungry or want to snack (well I had some cravings but minimal)

First 2 weeks out of hospital I had carers and felt good, a little bored and frustrated yes but still woke at 7, bed by 11pm etc.

Didn't really crave fast food much, did order a take away and struggled to eat it.

Week 5 (so 2 weeks after I got out) and the rot started to come back in and I ate junk food again, ordered 2 large take aways and ate them in 1 week, ate biscuits, crisps, snacks etc and my sleep began to suffer again.

Struggling to wake up before bedtime and have insomnia at bed time again.

I had the same when I broke my arms 5 years ago, normal for first time in years again and after a few weeks the rot began.

And when I get something like the flu every 2 years or so I am like this too but for less time i.e a week after, even a bad cold.

I don't understand why I normalise when sick, not sure if its the recovery meaning I feel I am getting better, I can understand I get more attention but I don't think its that.

Quick Reply

Latest