The Student Room Group

Am I wasting my life?

Hello!
I feel like I’m wasting my life, because i don't have a chance to study at top ranked university because I’m really average student. I have 4.50 gpa out of 6.00 so not really good. I have never won any special competitions and I feel depressed about it, like I’m worse than everyone. Social media keep saying that I’m not gonna be successful in life without top university. Don’t get me wrong I don’t wanna be a millionaire, I just want to have a quite life and afford having a child.
I’m from Poland so there is another problem in Poland universities are free for polish citizens so i also don’t have money for study abroad (cause in Poland we don’t have top ranked universities except UW and UJ) and I don’t have any savings.
Does college rank really matter? Are universities in poland that bad? I want to be accountant or financial analyst. Thank you for your help.

Sorry for any mistakes I'm still learning English. I’m trying my best.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello!
I feel like I’m wasting my life, because i don't have a chance to study at top ranked university because I’m really average student. I have 4.50 gpa out of 6.00 so not really good. I have never won any special competitions and I feel depressed about it, like I’m worse than everyone. Social media keep saying that I’m not gonna be successful in life without top university. Don’t get me wrong I don’t wanna be a millionaire, I just want to have a quite life and afford having a child.
I’m from Poland so there is another problem in Poland universities are free for polish citizens so i also don’t have money for study abroad (cause in Poland we don’t have top ranked universities except UW and UJ) and I don’t have any savings.
Does college rank really matter? Are universities in poland that bad? I want to be accountant or financial analyst. Thank you for your help.
Sorry for any mistakes I'm still learning English. I’m trying my best.
Dont listen to the ranking. The ranking of the university does not determine the value of your degree, your grade (your hardwork) determine the value. Rank is reputation. Reputation of what others think, mean nothing to you.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest