The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Inorganic Chemistry

I've been having some trouble as it pertains to studying and getting good at exam questions for Chemistry, specifically the inorganic section of paper 1.

My problem with this is that there is just so many chemical reactions that you just need to learn. With other concepts in chemistry and my other subjects, it is so much easier to learn and recall things as there is a level of understanding and working it out that you can have from understanding the theory.

But in this specific topic, it purely is just "learn the reactions, the colours etc." When it comes to the trends section of inorganic chemistry, that is actually pretty good and easy to learn as it makes sense with the theory and stuff but there are just such a huge amount of reactions that you just need to memorise and I can't quite do it.

I was just wondering whether anyone had any sort of alternate approach as opposed to just spending hours and hours learning reactions and equations?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Have you tried flash cards? I like to use brainscape because it's easy and I can use it on my phone, but I know people that use physical cards or anki.

Quick Reply

Latest