The Student Room Group

Studying Biology at university

Hi, I'm a year 12 student looking to study Biology at university (especially Oxford). Does anyone have any advice about what I might be asked in interviews, or what I can do right now to prepare - supercurriculars/competitions etc. ?
Reply 2
Read around your subject including obvs Selfish Gene.Enter Biology Olympiads,Does school have any environmental or green societies you could join or a science club you could help run.If not why not start one.Look into Zero Gravity and see if you qualify for mentoring.Look into free summer schools at Oxford.If you are loaded the ones you pay for are not all bad.Look out for Oxbridge tutors involvement.Trying to intern /volunteer somewhere like a nature reserve would be useful.Try and read up on new research in your area of interest.
Hope this helps for starters.
Original post by Scotney
Read around your subject including obvs Selfish Gene.Enter Biology Olympiads,Does school have any environmental or green societies you could join or a science club you could help run.If not why not start one.Look into Zero Gravity and see if you qualify for mentoring.Look into free summer schools at Oxford.If you are loaded the ones you pay for are not all bad.Look out for Oxbridge tutors involvement.Trying to intern /volunteer somewhere like a nature reserve would be useful.Try and read up on new research in your area of interest.
Hope this helps for starters.
Thanks so much!! This is really helpful
Reply 4
Original post by griddy200
Thanks so much!! This is really helpful
Also look at nature around you.Look at birds,pollinators ants etc Watch their behaviour,think about things like different beak/feet shapes ,wings .Look at plants ,what do you notice signs of disease ,,flower shapes and colours.Anything you don't know the answer to read up on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending