The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Picking the right subjects for University ( Higher or Advanced Higher art?)

Hi, I'm currently trying to pick the best possible set of subjects for S6 and want to learn architecture courses at Uni ( preferably Edinburgh).
I haven't been able to take an art subject for my highers so I'm planning on doing it this year as that is required by most universities, However, Universities also require a portfolio that I would be able to make in the advanced higher art course but not higher.

I want to know what the best option would be for me as soon as possible. Will universities be unsatisfied if I just did and advanced higher art but didn't do higher?
My course choices are due by the end of this week and I'm unsure of what to do, any help will be appreciated greatly.
Many thanks :smile:
Original post by SajlaRumi
Hi, I'm currently trying to pick the best possible set of subjects for S6 and want to learn architecture courses at Uni ( preferably Edinburgh).
I haven't been able to take an art subject for my highers so I'm planning on doing it this year as that is required by most universities, However, Universities also require a portfolio that I would be able to make in the advanced higher art course but not higher.
I want to know what the best option would be for me as soon as possible. Will universities be unsatisfied if I just did and advanced higher art but didn't do higher?
My course choices are due by the end of this week and I'm unsure of what to do, any help will be appreciated greatly.
Many thanks :smile:
You’re best course of action would be to contact the Universities you are interested in and ask for their advice. I had to do this as my school didn’t offer the subjects related to the discipline I wanted to do and the advice was super helpful.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending