The Student Room Group

DSA application.

I am already in receipt of enhanced daily living PIP and enhanced mobility PIP and have been for the last few years.

When I put a DSA application form in they said they needed a detailed letter from my GP detailing how my condition affects me.

My GP surgery said this isn't something they do and they haven't been asked to do something like this before either. And they said because DSA is assessed by Capita, who also assess PIP, that they should be able to get my information on how my disability affects me from my PIP.

When I've rung student finance wales however they've said they can't do that and it needs to be a detailed letter from the GP.

I'm not sure what to do?
If you have a diagnosis letter that should work, otherwise maybe hosptial records. If not maybe ask them if they have a form that the doctor should fill in.
I think that they won't accept PIP as it doesn't normally say what the disability is or how it impacts you academically such as going to lectures, you say you have mobility but they might not know the reason and if you would need taxi funding or money for a wheelchair accessible room
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions

Quick Reply