The Student Room Group

Assistive Solutions

It has been 4 months (17 weeks) since I first contacted this company to arrange my DSA, and after chasing up twice, they still haven't done anything. I've provided everything they need.

I recently called their phone number (during calling hours of course) and it said Call Failed. I tried this several times, to no avail.

Does anybody have direct experience with Assistive Solutions?
(edited 7 months ago)
hey i've had the exact same issue, took forever to give me a laptop quote (purchased it myself in the end) and even tho they put through the equipment order i've only been given a licence for one bit of software and nothing else. gonna talk to my needs assessor & uni to hopefully change suppliers. nightmare!
If you have the chance to avoid buying ANYTHING from assistive solutions then do! the fact that you had to source your own laptop is a lucky escape! I have had months and months of APPALLING customer service over a laptop that isnot fit for purpose to the point I am now looking at the next steps for taking them to court. AVOID like the plague, this has been an extremely stressful and upsetting experence.
(edited 4 months ago)
I filled out their form on 27th of November when the DSA2 finally came in, which was a enough of a mission in itself. I have heard nothing from them. So much for "one working day". Has anyone managed to get SFE to agree to an alternative company? Because I am not filled with hope...
Reply 4
Original post by jennywickett
If you have the chance to avoid buying ANYTHING from assistive solutions then do! the fact that you had to source your own laptop is a lucky escape! I have had months and months of APPALLING customer service over a laptop that isnot fit for purpose to the point I am now looking at the next steps for taking them to court. AVOID like the plague, this has been an extremely stressful and upsetting experence.
Awful, awful awful. Contact the DSA immediately and change suppliers, this one is a charleton run business and I am reporting them to trading standards and written to my local MP. They need shutting down, if you have had a similar experience and refusal of contact with a managed I suggest you to do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest