The Student Room Group

bae apprentice engineer interview help

I saw other forums on here but couldn't find one for this specific role, so I thought I should just make my own and ask here. I also know people will recommend using the star technique and i am working on that but i am really looking for any specific questions, etc that I may be asked.

Hi i have a live interview for a higher-level air technician engineer and was wondering if anyone could help me with the type of questions they ask My interview will be over the phone with 2 assessors, and i have been told i will have to answer `a range of technical and behavioural questions` feel free to ask any more questions and thank you for your help
Original post by grainy-embezzlem
I saw other forums on here but couldn't find one for this specific role, so I thought I should just make my own and ask here. I also know people will recommend using the star technique and i am working on that but i am really looking for any specific questions, etc that I may be asked.
Hi i have a live interview for a higher-level air technician engineer and was wondering if anyone could help me with the type of questions they ask My interview will be over the phone with 2 assessors, and i have been told i will have to answer `a range of technical and behavioural questions` feel free to ask any more questions and thank you for your help
Hello, some advice I would give you as someone who had done an in person interview for a tech degree apprenticeship would be to create some questions based on the skills required for the role you're applying to, which is usually mentioned in the job description. You can use ChatGPT to generate behavioural, and technical skills from the skills required in the role. from my experience most questions were like: tell me a time you worked on mutliple tasks simultaneously, tell me a time you effectively worked with a team, how would you deal with a difficult colleague... Then practice answering these questions by recording yourself so you can work on getting more confident when responding to the questions during the interview. Good luck, Im sure you're going to ace it :biggrin:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by y16koja_f
Hello, some advice I would give you as someone who had done an in person interview for a tech degree apprenticeship would be to create some questions based on the skills required for the role you're applying to, which is usually mentioned in the job description. You can use ChatGPT to generate behavioural, and technical skills from the skills required in the role. from my experience most questions were like: tell me a time you worked on mutliple tasks simultaneously, tell me a time you effectively worked with a team, how would you deal with a difficult colleague... Then practice answering these questions by recording yourself so you can work on getting more confident when responding to the questions during the interview. Good luck, Im sure you're going to ace it :biggrin:
Hi, and thank you for replying; I thought nobody would. I applied for a role in which I will be part of the air department, and I am certain they will ask why I chose this role, and I think they would expect me to say something like I have always been interested in planes and fighter jets, but that's just not true in my case. I am someone whose interest is engineering and hands-on work, whether it be working on a plane or submarine Thinking of the idea of working on fighter jets does get me excited, though, but I don't want to give an unenthusiastic answer either.

Also, the questions i have prepared so far are:
when will i be in a position where i can work unsupervised during the course of my apprenticeship? since i am someone who likes to take on responsibility
What current projects or future ones do you have that I will get to work on? ( i will definitely research current site-specific projects they have on-going.)
what support systems do you have in place in case i feel a bit overwhelmed with work and assignments, and what are the mentorship relationships like?
what would a normal day look like for me once i am a couple weeks into the apprenticeship and beyond?
Are there any questions you would remove and replace?

thank you also did you interview with bae and get the role, which i hope you did because you gave some solid advice
Original post by grainy-embezzlem
Hi, and thank you for replying; I thought nobody would. I applied for a role in which I will be part of the air department, and I am certain they will ask why I chose this role, and I think they would expect me to say something like I have always been interested in planes and fighter jets, but that's just not true in my case. I am someone whose interest is engineering and hands-on work, whether it be working on a plane or submarine Thinking of the idea of working on fighter jets does get me excited, though, but I don't want to give an unenthusiastic answer either.
Also, the questions i have prepared so far are:
when will i be in a position where i can work unsupervised during the course of my apprenticeship? since i am someone who likes to take on responsibility
What current projects or future ones do you have that I will get to work on? ( i will definitely research current site-specific projects they have on-going.)
what support systems do you have in place in case i feel a bit overwhelmed with work and assignments, and what are the mentorship relationships like?
what would a normal day look like for me once i am a couple weeks into the apprenticeship and beyond?
Are there any questions you would remove and replace?
thank you also did you interview with bae and get the role, which i hope you did because you gave some solid advice
oh no problem !! Glad to help you :smile: I applied for the BAE systems cybersecurity degree apprenticeship programme but still waiting for a reply after doing my video interview. The questions you created are really good by the way!! The advice I gave you was from my experience in doing vodafone assessment centre which included an in-person interview (got rejected unfortunately cause I wasnt familar with group exercises tbh lol)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending