The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship decision JLR vs BAE

I have had offers for both JLR and BAE degree apprenticeships and was wondering if anyone had any advice on which one to take up. JLR I would be able to live at home and the degree is applied professional engineering from the university of Warwick. The salary is starting as £24,500 but im entitled to a raise each year. It is also a 4 year course. BAE is 5 years long and i get a degree from the university of Lancaster but i study at a college in Aerospace Engineering. I would also have to either live at my aunts and commute an hour each way or find accomodation. The starting pay is £27,500 so i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts
Reply 1
The salary and travel is a secondary consideration. Both are more than sufficient for someone who is in reality a student and has a contract of an equivalent length to a combined Masters degree. What you should be looking at is the course. Which one interests you more, and which one will get you where you want to be in ten years time.
Reply 2
Hi I know this is a late response. I am a JLR Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprentice I strongly recommend it especially if you are living nearby at home - you will save loads on rent. Also don't forget that JLR Degree Apprenticeship salaries increase as each year passes provided you pass all assignments/exams and demonstrate good behaviours and performance at work. I am third year on around £30k a year which will increase to £33k a year in 4th year assuming they don't further increase salaries.
Original post by helloman1
Hi I know this is a late response. I am a JLR Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprentice I strongly recommend it especially if you are living nearby at home - you will save loads on rent. Also don't forget that JLR Degree Apprenticeship salaries increase as each year passes provided you pass all assignments/exams and demonstrate good behaviours and performance at work. I am third year on around £30k a year which will increase to £33k a year in 4th year assuming they don't further increase salaries.

Hi, I'm in Y13 and am looking at doing a DTS degree with JLR. Would I be able to DM you some questions as it'd be great to get an insight from someone actually doing the course, rather than just JLR trying to sell themselves, if that makes sense?
Reply 4
Original post by Amy.fallowfield
Hi, I'm in Y13 and am looking at doing a DTS degree with JLR. Would I be able to DM you some questions as it'd be great to get an insight from someone actually doing the course, rather than just JLR trying to sell themselves, if that makes sense?

Yeah sure. I don't regularly check this account much but pop me a DM and I'll try to answer as many questions as I can.
Reply 5
Original post by helloman1
Yeah sure. I don't regularly check this account much but pop me a DM and I'll try to answer as many questions as I can.

Hi I’m also in y13 is it alright if i dm and ask some questions as I’m curious on how to prepare for the assessment centre and how to land the apprenticeship
Original post by Xela5767
I have had offers for both JLR and BAE degree apprenticeships and was wondering if anyone had any advice on which one to take up. JLR I would be able to live at home and the degree is applied professional engineering from the university of Warwick. The salary is starting as £24,500 but im entitled to a raise each year. It is also a 4 year course. BAE is 5 years long and i get a degree from the university of Lancaster but i study at a college in Aerospace Engineering. I would also have to either live at my aunts and commute an hour each way or find accomodation. The starting pay is £27,500 so i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts
Can you tell me about the assessment centre at JLR, anything would help. Thanks
Hi @Xela5767,
I'm currently in my 3rd year studying at Lancaster University, so if you have any questions about the university which may help inform your degree apprenticeships decision, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
hi i have a live interview coming up for bae systems apprentice air technician manufacturing engineer level 4 i just wanted to ask if you still remember what questions were asked in the interview and if you think theres anything that could make me stand out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending