The Student Room Group

Sport vs Art GCSE

I am currently choosing my GCSEs and I’m really stuck on wether to do sport or art, all the other subjects I’m choosing are very academic and I wanted to do a slightly more fun option. I am an art scholar at my school and I’m very competent at art, but I also really enjoy sport and I am on several of my schools sports teams and play hockey outside school, idk what I would do for my single sport but I have some ideas. Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
i think port gcse is way easier and it involoves a practical and a written if ur good at science its really easy.art is more complex and u have to do wayy more work and so many assignments
honestly only do art if u want a carrer in art because threre is so much coursework and task that take too long to do
Original post by User1502
I am currently choosing my GCSEs and I’m really stuck on wether to do sport or art, all the other subjects I’m choosing are very academic and I wanted to do a slightly more fun option. I am an art scholar at my school and I’m very competent at art, but I also really enjoy sport and I am on several of my schools sports teams and play hockey outside school, idk what I would do for my single sport but I have some ideas. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi, both these subjects are quite coursework heavy and will take quite a bit of your free time so I’d go with whichever one you’d rather do in your free time. :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
i do gcse pe and it’s definitely a free 7/8/9. the sport part is 30% of your grade (10% for each sport which should be light work if you’re good at them) plus 10% coursework but it’s js talking about strengths and weaknesses in a sport and it’s out of 25 so you should pick up marks easily

the last 60% of your grade is both papers but if you revise you should do fine in them.

i don’t take art but my friend’s like crazy good but she’s only predicted a 7, same with textiles and dt
im not sure about pe but i do art gcse and honestly even if your good at it, its a lot of work but i find it to be rexaling because all my other gcse subjects are quite content heavy. if ur ready to be spending a lot of time on art and you are commited i think art is a good subject its not hard but if you put the work in and just do all the work its pretty easy to get a high grade. u could be terrible at art but you just have to write a lot and explain what your doing to make up for it

Quick Reply

Latest