The Student Room Group

Clearing Number

I have 2 offers for foundation year medicine (6 years) but I wanted give clearing try on results day since my grades would mostly likely align with standard medicine

On results day, am I able to call the universities without a clearing number in hopes of getting verbal confirmation? Because if I didn't get in through clearing I'd still want my firm place at a foundation year spot as my backup.
Original post by roma1cm
I have 2 offers for foundation year medicine (6 years) but I wanted give clearing try on results day since my grades would mostly likely align with standard medicine
On results day, am I able to call the universities without a clearing number in hopes of getting verbal confirmation? Because if I didn't get in through clearing I'd still want my firm place at a foundation year spot as my backup.

No - you only get your clearing number when you no longer have any offers, i.e you rejected your 2 offers.
You can phone any Uni you like on Results Day morning - but you cannot accept any offer they might make you without dumping any other offer/place. And be aware that the chances of Clearing places for Med are almost zero.

A far better strategy if you do get A grades would be to take a gap year reapply for 2025 entry to 4 new Med choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending