The Student Room Group

Repeating first year

Hi does anybody know how student finance works when repeating a year wirh adult nursing ?
I failed on my placement due to my health
Can you get NHS bursary if you repeat a year?
If you are required to repeat a later course year which is eligible for NHS Bursary funding, you may still be entitled to receive a bursary for up to a maximum of 12 additional months (i.e. one academic year).
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk files
NHS Bursary Funding for Medical and Dental Students 2022-23 - NHSBSA

Original post by TinyblueXx
Hi does anybody know how student finance works when repeating a year wirh adult nursing ?

Didn't they not let you make up the missing hours for placements in year 2 or try and make some up during any university studying week's you still have to do and let you do your university studying work online. And also could have went at weekends and any holidays periods to make up time and then whatever you have left to do for this current first year you do it next academic year.
Reply 2
Original post by TinyblueXx

Yeah so student finance actually funds a 'gift year', so that's whatever your actual course length is plus one year, so relax you'll be fine in that department, but if you like you can just call them up for reassurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending