The Student Room Group

Feel really insecure

I’m struggling so badly right now with just constant doubt and anxiety surrounding feeling lesser than others and incompetent. I feel like this way at college around my fellow alevel students in my class, I constantly feel like they are so much more intelligent and find it easier than me, easily in my alevel art where I genuinely feel embarrassed showing my work. It’s the same at my Job, just feel like I suck at it and I’m slower than everyone else. It’s just in general I just look like at other people and In every way I feel shameful of myself and abilities compared to them :’).
I’m trying to work out what degree to do as I’ve posted before and I just look at all of my options and I feel like I’d enjoy the subject but I’m plagued with feelings that I’ll be horrible at it. I think about myself doing a job and it makes me anxious just thinking about it as I feel like I cannot be trusted to do the job even if I’m trained.
Like it’s difficult for me to think about my career and I guess I feel like I suck and I’m always worried that I won’t be able to find a proper job I wanna do. I don’t wanna sound like pity party and I try and a do the best I can but this is how I feel deep down.
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. It must be really hard constantly feeling like you are not as good as others. For what it's worth, I'm sure there are plenty of things you are good at and that other people don't see the way you see yourself. I wonder if you have ever spoken to someone you trust about how you feel?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. It must be really hard constantly feeling like you are not as good as others. For what it's worth, I'm sure there are plenty of things you are good at and that other people don't see the way you see yourself. I wonder if you have ever spoken to someone you trust about how you feel?

Hi thank you, yeah I have tried to tell my family how I feel and they just sorta say the same thing as you said. I can get that maybe I am not as bad as I think I am but it’s just hard for me to feel that way, I had a shift at work today and my coworkers got frustrated cuz I kept getting stuff wrong, I feel like it’s worse because I do actually try and work hard and get stuff right but I always seem to do it wrong and I feel stupid That’s why I find it difficult to see myself as able I guess

Quick Reply

Latest